The Seleni Institute is a nonprofit organization that was founded by Nitzia and George Logothetis in 2011 to transform mental health and wellness for the women of the world by increasing:
- The availability and accessibility of mental health and wellness support for women and their families, providing financial assistance to those who are unable to afford care, including pregnant and parenting teenagers;
- Emotional support for women worldwide, through reasoned and practical online information;
- The availability of professional training opportunities for mental health and health care providers to screen, treat, and/or refer women in distress;
- Knowledge and understanding of reproductive and maternal mental health through research funding;
- Emotional support for women in the workplace, through corporate workshops and programs.
Our name, Seleni, honors and supports the courage it takes to seek help. We bring together two extraordinary women: Selene, goddess of the moon, long associated with women, emotions, and serenity; and Eleni, a mother who bravely fought for her children’s escape to America. We root our vision for our empathetic, comprehensive, evidence-based care in the deepest respect for bravery and emotion.
Our logo, a classic labyrinth, evokes our individual journeys, the complexity of our brains’ design, and a reminder of the human at the heart of each experience.
The Seleni Institute partners onsite with Seleni Psychology Counseling and Support, PLLC, a mental health and wellness practice that focuses uniquely on women's mental health care needs.