Seleni is pleased to provide you with this site for your personal education, but nothing on this site constitutes a recommendation for medical care, nor does Seleni make a warranty of any kind in terms of the information’s appropriateness for individual online users.
1. Copyright, Copying, and Trademark
The entire Seleni Web site is copyrighted 2012-2017 by Seleni. All rights reserved. If you find these materials useful, you may download information, print out text, or send copies to others as long as each copy includes the appropriate copyright notice and is meant only for personal use. It is expressly prohibited, however, to reprint or electronically reproduce any text, document, graphic, or audio or visual material for bulk or commercial use. For special copyright permissions, or to purchase Seleni publications and pamphlets, please write to Seleni House Foundation, Inc., 207 East 94th Street, New York, NY 10128.
Seleni House Foundation, Inc.® and its logo of nested profiles are registered service marks of the Seleni House Foundation, Inc.
2. Disclaimer of Endorsement
3. Children's Privacy
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. You should be aware that this site is not intended or designed to attract children under the age of 13. We do not collect personally identifiable information from any person we actually know is a child under the age of 13.
4. Information Obtained through the Seleni Web Site Does Not Constitute Medical, Legal, or Other Professional Advice
THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS SELENI WEB SITE OR TRANSMITTED TO YOU ELECTRONICALLY IN RESPONSE TO A MESSAGE FROM YOU IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO CONSTITUTE MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS, OR TREATMENT. ALWAYS VISIT OR SPEAK TO A QUALIFIED HEALTH SERVICE PROVIDER IN PERSON PRIOR TO STARTING ANY NEW TREATMENT OR WITH ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE REGARDING A MEDICAL CONDITION. THIS SELENI WEB SITE DOES NOT DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY PRACTICE MEDICINE OR DISPENSE MEDICAL ADVICE AS PART OF THIS SERVICE.
IN ADDITION, NOTHING CONTAINED IN THIS SELENI WEB SITE IS INTENDED TO BE OR CONSTITUTES LEGAL ADVICE, AND USERS SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF AN APPROPRIATE ATTORNEY OR OTHER PROFESSIONAL REGARDING INDIVIDUAL QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS OF A LEGAL OR PROFESSIONAL NATURE.
5. Disclaimer of Warranty and Liability
SELENI ASSUMES NO LIABILITY FOR ANY DIAGNOSIS, TREATMENT, DECISION MADE, OR ACTION TAKEN IN RELIANCE UPON INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THE SELENI WEB SITE OR ANY OTHER INTERNET SITES LINKED TO IT IN ANY WAY. SELENI DOES NOT ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THE SELENI WEB SITE OR THE INTERNET.
Furthermore, Seleni does not make any express or implied warranties, representations, or endorsements whatsoever in connection with the Seleni Web site, other Web sites accessed by "hyperlink," or the Internet generally (including, without limitation, warranties of title or noninfringement or the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). You understand that, except for information, products, or services clearly identified as being supplied by Seleni, Seleni does not review, operate, or control any material, information, products, or services on www.seleni.org pages or on the Internet in any way, including electronic transmissions from users or materials connected to the Seleni Web site through "hyperlinks."
Unless stated otherwise, all the people shown in the photographs on www.seleni.org are models. Their photos were chosen solely for aesthetic reasons. Other than that, the people in these pictures have no connection to the Seleni House Foundation, Inc. or any of the topics discussed on the Web site.
In no event shall Seleni be liable for any injury, loss, claim, damage, or any incidental or consequential damages arising either directly or indirectly out of or in any way connected with the Seleni Web site, or any failure or delay in updating or including any materials on the Seleni Web site, or any use of or inability to use any materials on the Seleni Web site, even if Seleni has been advised of the possibility of such damages. (Some states do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental and consequential damages, so the above exclusions may not apply to you.)
6. Waiver of Responsibility for Defective or Contaminated Materials
Although Seleni makes every effort to ensure the correctness of data, Seleni disclaims responsibility for any errors or omissions, such as unintended technical inaccuracies or typographical errors, in the materials. You also understand that Seleni cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading through the service will be free of "infection" or "viruses," "worms," "Trojan horses," or other code that manifests contaminating or destructive properties. Users are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy their particular requirements for accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to the Seleni Web site for the reconstruction of any lost data. Use of the Seleni Web site and the Internet generally is at the user's own risk.
7. Legal Actions
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of New York, U.S.A., and you agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts of the state of New York. In the event that any portion of these terms and conditions is deemed by a court to be invalid, the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to this Web site, or the use of this Web site, must be filed within one year after such claim or cause of action arose and must be filed in a court in New York, New York, U.S.A.
8. User Rules
In order to maintain an informative and valuable service that meets the needs of the viewers and avoids harm to others, it is necessary to establish and for you to follow these User Rules:
- THE USER MAY DOWNLOAD, PRINT, OR TRANSMIT INFORMATION FROM THE SELENI WEB SITE FOR PERSONAL, PRIVATE USE. HOWEVER, THE USER MUST MAKE SURE THAT PROPER COPYRIGHT NOTICE IS AFFIXED TO EACH COPY TRANSMITTED OR PRINTED, AND IN NO CASE MAY THE MATERIALS BE REPRODUCED IN BULK OR FOR COMMERCIAL USE WITHOUT EXPRESS, WRITTEN PERMISSION FROM SELENI COMMUNICATIONS DIVISION, 134 EAST 40TH STREET, NEW YORK, NY 10016.
- The user may not interfere with other users' use of the Seleni Web site, including, without limitation, disrupting the normal flow or use of the service.
9. Digital Millennium Copyright Act Notices
As required by Section 512(c)(2) of Title 17 of the United States Code, if you believe that any material on the Seleni Web site infringes your copyright, you must send a notice of claimed infringement to Seleni’s Designated Agent at the following address:
Name of Agent Designated to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement: Rebecca Benghiat
Full Address of Designated Agent to Which Notification Should Be Sent: Seleni House Foundation, Inc., 207 East 94th Street, New York, NY 10128
Telephone Number of Designated Agent: (212) 939-7200
Facsimile Number of Designated Agent: (212) 939-7201
E-mail Address of Designated Agent: info[at]seleni[dot]org
To be effective, Section 512(c)(3)(A) of Title 17 of the United States Code requires that your notification of claimed infringement be a written communication and that it include each of the following elements:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- A description of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed or, if more than one work is covered by the notice of claimed infringement, a description of each work.
- A description of the infringing activity or of the work that is claimed to be infringing and information about the location on this Web site (or, if the infringing information is located on another Web site linked to through this Web site, information about the location of the link or reference on this Web site) where the alleged infringement is occurring that is reasonably sufficient to allow us to locate the infringing material.
- Sufficient information to allow us to contact you, including your name, address, telephone number, and, if available, e-mail address.
- A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement by you that the information in the notice of claimed infringement is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
10. Complete Agreement
Thank you for your cooperation. We hope you find the Seleni site helpful and convenient to use! Questions or comments regarding the Seleni Web site, including any reports of nonfunctioning links, should be directed by e-mail to info[at]seleni[dot]org or by U.S. mail to:
Seleni House Foundation, Inc.
207 East 94th Street
New York, NY 10128
We try to answer every e-mail in a timely manner but due to volume may not always be able to do so.