The Seleni Institute is always looking to hire the brightest minds in maternal mental health who have a passion for supporting individuals and families during the family building years. Please check back here for job postings.
Digital and Clinical Marketing Intern, New York City
About The Seleni Institute
Founded in 2011, The Seleni Institute (Seleni) is a global non-profit organization dedicated to supporting the emotional health of individuals and families during the family building years. In doing so, it unlocks the potential of future generations.
Seleni envisions a world where emotional health is valued as much as physical health. This vision is driven by the realization that there is a gap in understanding of emotional health and its impact on individuals and their families, resulting in mental health challenges that are under-diagnosed and under-treated. Furthermore, there is stigma surrounding mental health which prevents people from seeking the support they need. Seleni seeks to close the knowledge gap and dissolve the stigma surrounding mental health to change the way we view and treat emotional health thereby improving the lives of our generation and those to come.
Seleni treats, trains, supports, and advocates to improve the emotional health of individuals and their families during the family-building years. Since Seleni opened its doors, it has:
- Trained over 1,000 healthcare professionals in five countries
- Treated over 2,000 patients
- Held over 500 support groups
- Supported over 250 young parents
About the Role
Seleni is seeking a Fall 2018 intern to help with its digital marketing and clinical marketing efforts. Both digital marketing and clinical marketing allow Seleni to raise awareness online and on the ground to reach potential patients and healthcare professionals.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a digital marketing intern, you will:
- Manage and create social media posts
- Utilize various creative platforms such as the Adobe Creative Cloud and Canva
- Post content on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter through CoSchedule
- Generate designs based on Seleni’s branding
As a clinical marketing intern, you will:
- Embark on outreach to medical offices such as pediatricians, OBGYNs, and hospitals
- Manage a spreadsheet of various medical offices in NYC
- Call hospitals and fertility clinics to coordinate office visits
- Travel to medical offices to introduce Seleni and drop off marketing materials
- Conceptualize methods to improve Seleni’s outreach with the management team
- Current undergraduate student at an accredited college/university
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or higher
- Available to work up to 20 hours per week from October-December 2018
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal)
- Good knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft Office
- Creative and analytical thinking skills
- Adobe Creative Cloud
A stipend of $3,000 will be awarded
How to Apply
Email resume and cover letter to [email protected] with subject line: Fall 2018 Internship. No phone calls please.